Did you know America’s Next Great Snack is a fantastic ingredient to use in baking? After trying a variety of methods, our test kitchen found a method that gives brownies an unbeatable salty and sweet boost that’s super easy.
- Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, or Peanut Pretzel Snappers
- ½ lb butter
- 13 oz dark chocolate break-up
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking sheet.
- Chop dark chocolate breakup into small chunks.
- Melt together the butter, chocolate breakup, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, espresso powder, vanilla, and sugar.
- Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1/2 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Toss remaining dark chocolate breakup in a medium bowl with 1 Tbsp of flour, then add them to the chocolate batter.
- Pour into the baking sheet.
- Chop Snappers into pieces. Place pieces evenly over top of brownie batter and gently tap into batter, being careful not to submerge completely.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool thoroughly and cut.